Monday, January 12, 2009

Birds,Birds,Birds

I belong to a Writer's Guild. At one meeting we were asked to write a poem using the same word three times, hence my poem titled "Birds,Birds,Birds".

I wanted to explain why I use ,the words "birds" three time.It was not a mistake on my part.

We meet once a month on a Wednesday.We are a small group, and we certainly learned how different every member writes an assignment given for the following month meeting.

Every member has to give an assignment. We choose the month we want to do this for. My turn this year is February.

Birds, Birds, Birds
by Laurette Stewart

One morning

looking out
birds,birds,birds
where everywhere.

On the trees in my yard
in the trees in the neighbor's yard
birds,birds,birds.

They flew around
back and forth
up to the tree top
down to the ground
birds,birds,birds

While the snow was falling
enveloping the trees
with white blankets
they were still there
birds,birds,birds

For a little while longer
still flying all around,
suddenly,they were all gone.
birds,birds,birds.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see you posting some of your writing Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Laurette,

    What a lovely poem and I really like your subject of birds. They are wonderful creatures to gaze at all year around. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heather.

    Thanks Judy for your nice comment

    ReplyDelete