Saturday, November 27, 2010

More on my cross stitch.

A bit more on my cross stitch. You can see the design on this side of the picture and now I have to work on the other side which will be a long process again. I have decided to put it aside for a little while as I found it hard on my eyes,and do something else. What I really want to work at is knitting some fancy socks. My Friend Kay gave me a pair a couple years ago and another pair for Chritmas last year as well a pair for Heather. The wool she used is kind of special as it does the design while you knit. The wool is specially made for that. I ask Kay where she gets that wool and she said her daughter got it for her. As she still had some I ask her if I could buy some, and she gave me a couple balls to use. It has been years since I knitted socks and hopefully I will be able to do them again, the heels are the hardest to do. Anyway with luck I should be able to knit a pair. Kay is coming back from her visit to her son in the state and I will see her Monday. If I have trouble she will help me. When they are done I will post them on my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Mum.... it looks fantastic! You have done a great job... it is nice to take a break though, so enjoy working on your socks... Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stitching has come out very well,Laurette. Good luck with your knitting. I tried to knit a sweater for my daughter 5 years back when she was newly born,but it ended up so small that only a doll could wear it :) I've stopped knitting since :)
    Love,
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mom,
    It is coming along real nice this piece of art. You have plenty of patience as it is fine work, as you said many many hours involved but it will be just beautiful.
    As for socks, you'll get them done for sure, probably with a bit of help from Kay as when I finished my 1st pair last year, I thought the heel a bit tricky but once you get the use of how to they go well. Actually, I wanted to make a pair or two for Jason... but for now, I have not enough time... busy with other things....
    Good luck and enjoy the change
    Hugs
    Love Theresa

    ReplyDelete